22 Jun The Belle of The Ball Weds at Bel-Air Country Club
As I began to write about this beautiful wedding at the Bel-Air Country Club, I realized I don’t know much about Bel-Air and even less about their exclusive country club. So humor me for a couple minutes as I share with you five interesting facts about this iconic Los Angeles neighborhood. If the subject of history instantly makes you sleepy, I do apologize, maybe the pictures below of a radiant bride in airbrush makeup and a coifed chignon are more your thing.
5. The Bel-Air neighborhood is only 6 square miles. Which seems pretty small considering Los Angeles is over 500 square miles.
4. The community was founded by Alphonso Bell in 1923. So, I guess we know why it’s called Bel-Air! It seems that rule will never change, the first person to claim something gets to name it.
3. Alphonso Bell designed, laid-out and developed the Bel-Air Country Club as well as the Bel-Air Bay Club in Pacific Palisades. While most clubs of the prohibition era were making money on the sale of illegal liquor, Mr. Bell refused the sale of spirits in his establishments. A man of high moral character it seems. We all know those are hard to find haha.
2. Bel-Air is currently the record holder for the most expensive home listing in the United States at a whopping $245 million. The estate, made famous by the Clampett family of The Beverly Hillbillies, is over 25,000 sq. ft. on ten acres of lush gardens. Can you imagine how expensive the water bill would be each month? But who am I kidding, whoever buys this house isn’t worried about the water bill.
1. Don’t worry I didn’t leave out the most iconic part of Bel-Air for us 90’s kids, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air starring Will Smith. While the show was set in the Bel-Air neighborhood, Uncle Phil and Aunt Vivian’s house was actually located in adjacent neighborhood of Brentwood. Now there is a piece of trivia you will probably never need.
For more information on Bel-Air, Google it! For more information on the Veil Of Grace Bridal Beauty Team, including service pricing and wedding date availability, please fill out our contact form by clicking the “Book Your Wedding” button below. We look forward to being an important part of your special day!
Veil Of Grace Bridal Beauty Team
Bridal Airbrush Makeup & Hair: Samantha | Bridal Party MUAH: Sarah, Jamie, Ali
Photography: Ashley Burns | Coordination: Krissy Allegra | Venue: Bel-Air Country Club, Los Angeles, CA
Dating apps aren’t just for late night swipes, at least not for Diana. I mean there has to be a few real couples that get married to be featured on the commercials! I know you know what I’m talking about. All jokes aside, these two bea...02 March, 2019
I have known Heather for almost 12 years. We met right out of high school and have been great friends since. We have both been there for each other through all of our dating ups and downs. Thank goodness for the internet, because this is how we both ...26 December, 2016
It is so nice to see one of our past bridesmaids now become one of our brides! Sarah Jane was married at the beautiful Camarillo Ranch House. Our Veil Of Grace beauty team dolled up the bride and her entire bridal party. The bride’s soft gla...23 May, 2016