Now that you are engaged, let the wedding planning process begin! Planning a wedding is a very exciting time, but can also be overwhelming as you navigate through all the logistics of the event. As you begin to research a hair and makeup team for your wedding, you want to make sure they understand your unique vision, and have the experience and expertise to bring it to life. To help you make the best choice for your memorable day, take a minute to read these tips for choosing the right bridal beauty team.
The Do’s and Dont’s when booking a makeup artist and hair stylist.
1. Do your research on who you are interested in booking, including their website, reviews, and photos.
~ Do not book someone without knowing their training and experience.
2. Do a trial run for your makeup and hair styling 6 months prior to your wedding. This will provide an actual experience for what your “wedding day” makeup and hair could possibly look like.
~ Do not have a friend, whom could be inexperienced in the beauty industry, do your makeup and hair. If you book your bridal trial in advance, you should have plenty of time to find someone else if you are not happy with the service.
3. Do coordinate your bridal trial on the day of your engagement shoot, bridal shower, dress fitting, or a special night out with the girls. This way you can maximize the cost of having your hair and makeup professionally done.
~ Do not go home and wash your face right away. Actually see how long the makeup lasts throughout the day. We encourage you to also take photos and see how your makeup and hair photographs.
4. Do make sure your makeup artist and hair stylist provides a contract of all services that are provided on your wedding day.
~ Do not leave without a contract. You do not want any last minute expenses that are unexpected, such as travel, hotel, assistants, and touch ups.
5. Do ask if your vendor will provide assistants if they are needed for additional services for your bridal party.
~ Do not assume that one person can do hair and makeup for a whole bridal party. You do not want services left incomplete and potentially be late for your own wedding.
6. Do ask if the makeup artist or hair stylist will travel to you, or if they assume you are coming to them. Get details on any “travel fee” cost.
~ Do not assume that travel, hotel, parking and gratuity is included in the services unless stated.
The Veil Of Grace team will make sure that your wedding day goes smoothly. We are extremely thorough with our clients and their contracts. This ensures that every service is accounted for and there are no last minute charges. We take great responsibility in making sure the bride and bridal party feel their absolute best. Let us help you become the bride of your dreams.