As I began to write about this beautiful wedding at the Bel-Air Country Club, I realized I don’t know much about Bel-Air and even less about their exclusive country club. So humor me for a couple minutes as I share with you five interesting facts about this iconic Los Angeles neighborhood. If the subject of history instantly makes you sleepy, I do apologize, maybe the pictures below of a radiant bride in airbrush makeup and a coifed chignon are more your thing.
5. The Bel-Air neighborhood is only 6 square miles. Which seems pretty small considering Los Angeles is over 500 square miles.
4. The community was founded by Alphonso Bell in 1923. So, I guess we know why it’s called Bel-Air! It seems that rule will never change, the first person to claim something gets to name it.
3. Alphonso Bell designed, laid-out and developed the Bel-Air Country Club as well as the Bel-Air Bay Club in Pacific Palisades. While most clubs of the prohibition era were making money on the sale of illegal liquor, Mr. Bell refused the sale of spirits in his establishments. A man of high moral character it seems. We all know those are hard to find haha.
2. Bel-Air is currently the record holder for the most expensive home listing in the United States at a whopping $245 million. The estate, made famous by the Clampett family of The Beverly Hillbillies, is over 25,000 sq. ft. on ten acres of lush gardens. Can you imagine how expensive the water bill would be each month? But who am I kidding, whoever buys this house isn’t worried about the water bill.
1. Don’t worry I didn’t leave out the most iconic part of Bel-Air for us 90’s kids, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air starring Will Smith. While the show was set in the Bel-Air neighborhood, Uncle Phil and Aunt Vivian’s house was actually located in adjacent neighborhood of Brentwood. Now there is a piece of trivia you will probably never need.
For more information on Bel-Air, Google it! For more information on the Veil Of Grace Bridal Beauty Team, including service pricing and wedding date availability, please fill out our contact form by clicking the “Book You Wedding” button below. We look forward to being an important part of your special day!
Veil Of Grace Bridal Beauty Team
Bridal Airbrush Makeup & Hair: Samantha | Bridal Party MUAH: Sarah, Jamie, Ali
Photography: Ashley Burns | Coordination: Krissy Allegra | Venue: Bel-Air Country Club, Los Angeles, CA
The Veil Of Grace Beauty Team paired up with William Innes Photography and the gorgeous Ebell of Los Angeles for this styled shoot. Our lead artist Jacqueline dolled up this beautiful model with airbrush makeup and hairstyling. Check out these beauti...03 April, 2017
Kelsea envisioned an enchanting celebration by the San Clemente ocean for her special day. With a classical updo, accented by a beaded headband, and soft natural airbrush makeup she was certainly a beauty to behold. I hope you enjoy these inspirati...19 June, 2018
How many dad’s out there have played matchmaker for their daughter? I know my husband probably thinks he will find the perfect guys for our girls one day. But we all know true love doesn’t work that way. You can’t force a relationship, the best one...12 May, 2019